If you suffered an injury or infection following a gynaecological procedure, you may be able to make a claim for financial compensation. The clinical negligence solicitors at Lanyon Bowdler are highly experienced, and will be happy to offer legal advice on the validity of a potential claim
For more information, or to make initial enquiries regarding a gynaecology compensation claim, please contact Kay Kelly, Head of Clinical Negligence or one of her team on 0800 954 9936.
Claiming for Gynaecology Clinical Negligence
A Gynaecologist deals exclusively with female issues, including diagnosis and treatment of the female reproductive system. Such treatments, if performed negligently, can have devastating consequences for the patient.
The most common claims arise as a result of medical negligence in the following forms:
- Failure of contraception, female sterilisation or vasectomy;
- Failed abortion and subsequent wrongful birth;
- Bladder, bowel or urethra injury during gynaecology operations;
- Perforation of the uterus due to negligent insertion of inter-uterine contraceptive devices and during abortion procedures;
- Failure to perform hysterectomy correctly leading to injury to bladder, bowels or ureters;
- Loss of fertility due to infection following gynaecology operation;
- Laparoscopy negligence including perforation, haemorrhage and damage to the abdominal wall, the ureters and the bladder;
- Delayed diagnosis of genital cancer and delayed diagnosis of ectopic pregnancy;
- Incontinence following surgery;
- Infection, which may result in infertility;
- Treatment of endometriosis;
- The consequences of mismanagement of abnormal smears;
If you have been affected by any gynaecological issues, and you think it is due to medical negligence, you could be eligible to bring a compensation claim against the gynaecologist in question.
How will Lanyon Bowdler Handle My Claim?
Our experienced clinical negligence solicitors will handle your gynaecology compensation claim with the utmost in discretion and professionalism. We understand how difficult it can be to come to terms with the after-effects of gynaecological negligence, and will do everything in our power to ensure you are properly compensated for your injuries or infection.
Should you decide to pursue a claim for financial compensation, our solicitors will handle every aspect of the legal process on your behalf, and will provide you with regular updates on the progress of your case.
Contact Lanyon Bowdler
For more information regarding gynaecology compensation claims, contact the clinical negligence specialists at Lanyon Bowdler.
For a free consultation call 0800 954 9936 or complete our enquiry form.