The experienced divorce solicitors at Lanyon Bowdler can provide you with advice, guidance and legal representation for the duration of your divorce, treating your case with the necessary discretion and ensuring a fair settlement is negotiated. For divorce advice, or to arrange for an initial consultation with a specialist lawyer, call Lanyon Bowdler on 0800 652 3371.
We don't just sell time; we sell experience, expertise, know-how and results, and are able to offer a wide range of pricing options which may include Fixed Fees and Service Level Guarantees.
The divorce solicitors at Lanyon Bowdler will be happy to provide advice and guidance on 'grounds for divorce' and the divorce procedure itself. If you are considering beginning divorce proceedings, it is worth speaking to a solicitor to find out if your situation qualifies as legal 'grounds for divorce'.
Under UK divorce law, the following are accepted as legal 'grounds for divorce':
- Adultery: Your husband or wife has committed adultery and, as a result, you can no longer tolerate living with them.
- Two Years' Separation: You and your husband or wife have lived apart for two years and you both consent to a divorce.
- Two Years' Desertion: Your husband or wife deserted you two or more years ago.
- Unreasonable Behaviour: Your husband or wife has behaved so unreasonably that you cannot be expected to continue living with them.
- Five Years' Separation: If you have lived apart from your husband or wife for five or more years, you do not need your partner's consent to begin divorce proceedings.
Once you have established which of the above 'grounds for divorce' applies to your situation, our divorce solicitors will advise you on the divorce procedure, ensuring you know what to expect from the process.
Our divorce law experts will begin by lodging a divorce petition with the courts. The respondent (your partner) will then be required to complete an acknowledgement of service, in which they confirm that they have received the petition. Following this, you will be free to apply for a Decree Nisi of divorce and, subsequently, a Decree Absolute - the final decree of divorce.
Our divorce law experts will be happy to provide a more in-depth explanation of the divorce procedure during an initial consultation.
Contact Lanyon Bowdler Solicitors
As members of the Law Society Family Panel and accredited specialists with Resolution, the Lanyon Bowdler divorce solicitors are thoroughly experienced in all aspects of UK divorce law.
By adopting a practical, balanced approach to negotiations, our divorce lawyers can minimise conflict and hostility, whilst firmly protecting your interests. We aim to achieve swift, amicable resolutions for you, and should it be necessary to litigate, you can be assured we will do so effectively.
We are able to offer fluent Welsh speaking lawyers at our office in Oswestry. For more information call 0800 652 3371 or complete our enquiry form and someone will get back to you.