The domestic violence law solicitors at Lanyon Bowdler specialise in providing clear, easy to understand legal advice to the victims of domestic violence and abuse. Our lawyers will provide you with advice regarding your rights under the Family Law Act 1996.
For more information, or to arrange for a confidential discussion with one of our experienced solicitors, contact us on 0800 652 3371.
Domestic Violence Law
Our domestic violence law specialists will advise you of your legal rights under existing English law.
- An assault carried out by a member of your family is subject to the same criminal laws as an assault carried out by a stranger.
- It is possible to apply for a civil court order which seeks to prevent your abuser from harassing you further.
- Help is available for abuse victims in need of temporary or permanent accommodation.
- UK law can also be used to protect any children affected by domestic violence, whether directly or indirectly.
- Help and advice in relation to forced marriages and honour-based violence.
Our family law solicitors can help you with injunctions intended to prevent an abuser from harassing you or your family and applications to family law courts that determine where and with whom any children should live following an instance of domestic violence.
Why Lanyon Bowdler?
As experienced family law and domestic violence law specialists, the solicitors at Lanyon Bowdler understand that such situations require a sympathetic, discreet approach. We will provide simple, clear legal advice, keeping the relationship strictly on your terms and doing everything we can to ensure you receive the help and support you need, whilst at the same time using existing family law to make sure you and your family are protected from any further abuse.
We don't just sell time; we sell experience, expertise, know-how and results, and are able to offer a wide range of pricing options which may include Fixed Fees and Service Level Guarantees.
Contact Lanyon Bowdler
To find out more about domestic violence law, or to speak to a lawyer about your rights under family law, contact the team at Lanyon Bowdler. We are able to offer fluent Welsh speaking lawyers at our office in Oswestry. Simply contact us on 0800 652 3371 or complete an enquiry form and we will be in touch.