Coronavirus (COVID-19) Lanyon Bowdler Update
We’re pleased to be able to help you with your legal issues, and to continue to provide an excellent service for our clients during these difficult times. Our people are still part of your team, even though they may not all be working in the office at the moment.
Throughout the lockdown periods, we’ve been talking to our clients by telephone and using video-conferencing. Because most of our lawyers are still working from home, and those remain our preferred options. Sometimes, though, there are good reasons for meeting face to face. So, where it is the best thing to do, we are seeing clients in our offices for pre-arranged appointments only.
It is the aim of Lanyon Bowdler to keep all of our clients, employees and members of the public as safe possible, and we would like to thank you for your cooperation at this time.
- If you are an existing client wherever possible we would prefer you to make an appointment to come in and see your solicitor, please call 0800 652 3371 to arrange this in advance.
- If you need to drop documents/letters/paperwork off please just post into the secure letterbox, we will retrieve and action them.
- If you want to make an enquiry then please enter reception wearing a protective face mask in Conwy (this is not necessary in our offices in England), using the hand sanitiser provided, adhering to the yellow distancing tape and maintaining a two metre distance from all other parties wherever possible.
- If you are one of our service providers, or you are making an delivery or collection then please enter reception wearing a mask in Conwy (this is not necessary in our offices in England), using hand sanitiser provided, adhering to the yellow distancing tape, and maintaining a two metre distance from all other parties wherever possible.
What we’re doing to keep everyone safe at our offices:
- We’re using fewer meeting rooms to help with social distancing and allowing time between meetings so we can allow for extra cleaning.
- We’re staggering meeting start times to reduce the number of people who are likely to arrive or leave at the same time.
- Our reception desks have plastic screens fitted and floor tape to mark 2m distance.
- Hand-sanitiser is available in all our reception areas.
- All common touch points (door handles, push plates, etc.) are cleaned regularly.
- Our meeting rooms will be cleaned after every meeting.
- Many of our staff are working from home.
- The staff who are in the office are spread out so we can keep enough distance between them.
- All our staff have been given guidance on washing their hands regularly, keeping their distance and taking appropriate measures to reduce the risk of spreading the virus.
Arriving for your meeting
- Please arrive on time for the meeting, but don’t arrive early. It is safest for everyone if we do not have people waiting in our reception areas.
- If the door is locked when you arrive, please ring the doorbell.
- When you arrive, please wear a face mask if visitng our Conwy office (not necessary at our offices in England), if you do not have one please ask our receptionist.
- We ask that you please respect the safety of our staff by staying behind the plastic screen and the floor tape.
- Our staff have been told not to shake hands with anyone.
- If you or members of your household or support bubble have or have recently had symptoms of COVID-19, have tested positive or been told to self-isolate please do not attend our office. We will ask you about this when you arrive. If that is the case, we will cancel the meeting, and ask you to leave. We will then contact you to arrange a different way of dealing with your matter, or rearrange the meeting.
- You will be shown where the toilets and hand sanitiser is located and asked to wash or sanitise your hands.
- If you have to wait to start your meeting we will, if possible, take you to the room booked for the meeting, so you can wait in there rather than in reception.
Test, Trace, Protect in Wales
All visitors to our office in Conwy have the option to use the QR Code or provide names to our reception staff. We will destroy any contact details we take after 21 days.
During the meeting
- We like to be hospitable, and so we will still offer you drinks during your meeting. However, we will only be serving drinks in disposable cups.
- If possible we will leave the windows in the meeting room open during your meeting, to allow fresh air to circulate.
- To reduce the need for a number of people to touch the same item, if you will need to sign papers during your meeting, we ask you to bring your own pen if possible.
- Face coverings remain compulsory in office settings in Wales, we are following government guidance and maintaining distance between people. If we need to verify your identity, we may ask you to remove the covering temporarily in order for us to do so.
We look forward to continuing to support you and help you with your legal matters during this period.
Wellbeing of individuals
This is at the forefront of our plans, we can confirm the following:
- We have reduced the number of staff physically in offices to minimise how many people are in a single space.
- Enhanced cleaning procedures have been put in place.
- Staff showing any symptoms are immediately self-isolating.
- Non-essential travel has been cancelled.
How you can contact us
Many of our staff are working remotely in order to continue with the provision of legal advice. Emails and mobile phones will be responded to as normal.
There are a number of ways of reaching us:
- Telephone our offices direct, all phone numbers can be found by selecting the chosen office here.
- Visit the people section of our website to email your lawyer directly – search for them by name, department or office, click on their profile and then click on the email link.
- We are able to communicate via video using the likes of Skype or WhatsApp, please speak with your lawyer to agree the best option for you.
Business development activities and marketing events have been reduced for the time being, however, we are still very keen to connect with you and will be accessible via a number of different ways, including traditional telephone calls, social media and video.
We wish you the very best of health and thank you for continuing to work with Lanyon Bowdler. Please do not hesitate to contact any of the team for help or assistance.