Partner - Private Client
Private Client, Wills, Trust & Administration of Estates
Karl qualified as a solicitor in 2003 and joined Lanyon Bowdler as a partner in June 2023. Karl works in the Private Client Team at our Oswestry office.
Since 2010, Karl has specialised in private client work and also contentious probate. Karl’s work broadly includes the following:
1. The preparation of straightforward and complex wills, which include will trusts;
2. The drafting of trusts;
3. Advising on executor/trustee duties;
4. Probate and the administration of estates, including complex estates which are subject to Inheritance Tax;
5. Drafting instruments of variation;
6. Lasting Powers of Attorney; and
7. Contentious probate, including advice to trustees, executors and beneficiaries
Karl has previously acted as trustee for a number of trusts and has direct knowledge of the issues that trustees can face. Karl has also been appointed as an independent executor in cases where there is a dispute between personal representatives as to who should act.
Karl is a full member of STEP (the Society of Trust and Estate Practitioners) having completed the Diploma in Trusts and Estates in 2008 and being made a full member the same year. Additionally, Karl is also a member of ACTAPS (the Association of Contentious Trust and Probate Specialists) having completed the Associate Membership course in 2014 and being admitted as a member in 2016.
The short answer is no. However, there are a range of options available in or...
Lanyon Bowdler is a trading name of Lanyon Bowdler LLP which is a limited liability partnership incorporated in England and Wales, registered number OC351948.
Lanyon Bowdler is authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority (SRA). SRA number: 534828.
Get in Touch