COVID-19 Guidance Relating to ApprenticesPublished on: 07 April 2020
The government has published further guidance for apprentices, as well as for employers, training providers, end-point assessment organisations and external quality assurance providers in the context of the virus outbreak. The full guidance is here.
Some of the main points are as follows:-
- It confirms (although this was already apparent) that apprentices on furlough can continue their training without this jeopardising funding under the Coronavirus Job Retention Scheme, as long as they do not provide services or generate revenue for their employer.
- It encourages training and assessment to take place remotely.
- It states that extensions will be granted, where appropriate, to the timetable for assessments.
- It provides for breaks in learning and explains how they should be recorded.
- It confirms that the Treasury will not be pausing apprenticeship levy payments for employers.